Since this blog is titled “Flowing to Fifty”, I thought I would address some of the interesting things that have been happening to me as I approach my (somewhat unwelcome) milestone.
Menopause gets a lot of press these days, whether it’s about HRT, or weight gain, or aches and pains. Interesting to absolutely no one…..unless you’re in the middle of it, I guess.
Where am I in the process?
1) hot flashes – none.
2) night sweats – none.
3) irregular periods – I’m like clockwork.
4) loss of libido – sadly, not a problem. 🙂
5) moodiness – well, I do have a lot less tolerance for bullshit! I’m not sure that’s a bad thing. Know what I mean?
6) sleep disorders – sleep like a rock.
7) difficulty concentrating – all good here.
8) memory lapses – nothing yet.
9) weight gain – this has always been an issue, so I’m not sure if this has changed.
There are tons of other possibly symptoms that make menopause sound like torture-by-hormones. No wonder we all dread it.
The changes I’ve experienced have been relatively few. I gain weight more quickly. I’m a little slower. PMS lasts a little longer (Yay! Just what we all need – more PMS). I’m a little creakier. All in all, not much to complain about, really.
Except the shoulder, damn it!
Oh well, how would I appreciate all the great stuff if there wasn’t something to complain about? 🙂